Sunday, July 13, 2008

Week 5 project 5C



1. Revisit project 2b link. Briefly remind us what MoLAA is and tell us how the knowledge you learned this semester enhance your understanding of the artwork found at the MoLAA?

Molaa's mission is to educate the public about contemporary Latin American fine art (by artists who have lived and worked in Latin America since WWII) through the presentation of a significant permanent collection, dynamic exhibitions and related cultural and educational programs.

Contains a title: The Fruits of Labor by DIEGO RIVERA
Contains a web link to the actual piece (art, photo, architecture, pottery, etc.) http://www.artnexus.com/ImageBig/2007/u0008678
Contains a brief paragraph of reference to components A and B, how you came across this piece? I found this artwork when I was researching the artist information and I came across of this interesting artwork.
Contains the following analytical elements:
Observation: What do you see in the artwork? I see people looking kind of sad and angry. What is the subject of the work? The people and the hard work that they do. What is the work made of? I think it’s made of pencil coloring or charcoal.
What techniques (colors, lines, shapes, textures) does the artist use? The used black and gray coloring pencils. And he did shading in the faces of the people and he did some like shading on their clothes.
Interpretation: In one sentence, what is the artwork about? The iconic composition focuses attention on the dignity of the workers and their children with a quiet, mystical grandeur of expression.
Judgment: What led you to choose this work of art? I love black and white pictures and when I was doing some researching I saw lots of artwork, but I think was drawn to this one the most. What do you think or feel about this work? I think that it’s a beautiful picture of this family and their hardwork. Why do you feel this way? I feel this way because I can relate to this picture, ever since I was little I was taught to work my way through growing in this world.
Questioning: What would you like to know about this work? I was wondering why this art costs so much.

No comments: